TEST TECHNICIAN I (1st and 2nd shift)
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Test Technician I. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
This position will primarily be responsible for conducting product tests according to their test procedure and perform to their designed standards. The test methodology depends on the product being tested. Test technicians work in a wide range of fields, from electrical, mechanical, and environmental. Working conditions may vary, some technicians can spend most of the day on their feet at workstations, while others stay seated and perform automated test using Automated Test Equipment. Test technicians may assist Test Engineers with clarifying test documentation and troubleshoot test failures.
- The Test Technician is responsible for performing: electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and/or environmental testing of products
- Determine the appropriate: test configuration, equipment set-up, and test check out prior to testing
- Complete or update: test check sheets, test logs, test data sheets, and equipment maintenance logs
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions (test procedures)
- Notify Supervisor and/or Test Engineering of any test incidents and accurately describe the anomaly
- Review of test procedures provided by Engineering for accuracy and completeness and recommend resolutions for documentation issues
- Able to read and understand wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings
- Test Technicians don’t just perform tests; they also can perform other job functions which may include assembling, calibrating, improving the test processes, and performing routine maintenance on test equipment
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- 1+ years experience in a related field during which time, a good working knowledge of typical lab instrumentation, lab test equipment, proper testing techniques, and safety awareness has been learned
- An Associate Degree related to Electronics, Engineering, Technology or a related field is a plus
- Familiarity with ESD practices
- Must have good computer and organizational skills and be accurate with details
- Able to multitask, communicate well, and train others as needed
- Strong team player who is able to interface with a variety of groups
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be able to speak/write/read English
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties please apply online and submit resume to http://marvingroup.com/career/adp/
Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 310-674-5030.