The objective of the Intern position is to be a hardworking, highly motivated and ambitious, excited by new challenges and consistent in the ability to manage customer relationships. They thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, collaborative environment. Working within a team-selling environment, alongside a Regional Sales Manager and Sr. Sales Associate, with the primary responsibility to increase revenue.
- Sales and marketing responsibility for all commercial activity to increase the total number of customers and profitable revenue per existing customer.
- Sales and marketing activity to include direct and channel selling, telemarketing, lead generation, participation in trade organizations, cold calling and other techniques to obtain and maintain business.
- Revenue responsibilities include attainment of quota
- New business responsibilities include the identification, qualification, development and execution of strategy in target accounts and introduction of new product/services.
- Identify and establish relationships within critical market segments.
- Effectively communicate MRG’s value proposition and selling points.
- Identification of promotional opportunities to provide demonstrations and outline features and benefits of company products/services.
- Develop and maintain high visibility with major customers and vendor/alliance partners.
- Communicate crucial market, trade and competitive information.
- Champion the business needs of the marketplace, customer and sales organization to improve business results.
Work Experience Requirements/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related industry or equivalent experience
or working towards getting a Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – plus ability to learn new systems
- Management of the complete sales cycle, including telephone prospecting, prospect nurturing and assist in sales closing
- Professional work ethic and integrity
- Competitive nature
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain detailed records of activity on proprietary CRM system
- Meet and exceed assigned quotas
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within an organization
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to achieve and exceed specified sales goals.
- Ability to establish and cultivate matrix sales relationships at all levels of customer organizations
- Ability to communicate and develop working relationships among all disciplines and across all levels of company.
- Ability to handle multiple activities and set priorities for assigned responsibilities that impacts the business regionally and nationally.
- Ability to manage strategic projects as assigned by manager, customer, and company.
- Ability to identify, secure, utilize and gain return for appropriate resources deployed.
- Ability to communicate and instill company culture throughout the organization.
- The willingness to respect and value customer and MRG employee diverse cultures.
- Presenting a professional and courteous attitude on a daily basis.