Maxim Healthcare Staffing is searching for someone to work as an Instructional school aide for individuals with learning differences. We are looking for members who are open to learning about behavior analysis and how to incorporate that into the educational environment. This opportunity will allow you to work with students in the least restrictive environment, while learning how to work cohesively with teachers and school peers.
General Duties for Instructional Aide (full time):
- Aide the student in their least restrictive environment, including assisting with their curriculum development, functional communication training, building peer and teacher relationships with the student, etc.
- Learn and apply the students Behavior Intervention Plan/Behavior Support Plan in a school setting
- Use behavior analytic/evidence based practices in your day-to-day environment
- Students are in various grades from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- You are able to work interactively with one individual with different needs in a school environment.
- You are an energetic person who can build and maintain relationships with other students and professionals.
- You are willing to learn evidence based supports and systems and how to apply them within the work environment.
- You can work consistent school hours and days (approximately 6.5 days a week/180 days an academic year). Example of hours: 8 am – 2:30 pm.
- You have reliable transportation to get to and from the school environment.
- Candidate ideally has experience working in educational settings or working with kids
Location: Orange County
Pay: varies on experience
Position begins: ~ As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Orange County (Required)
- Special Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location