Architectural & Engineering
(CAD Designer Internship)
5G is changing the world. Be part of that change. MD7, a leading provider of innovative solutions to help mobile network operators is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented CAD Designer (A&E Intern) to expand the team.
- Do you love looking at details?
- Do you follow recipes exactly as written every time?
- Does supporting teammates and clients in a high energy, fast paced environment excite you?
- Do you want to gain experience in areas such as land use, site development, and Architecture/Engineering?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on. As our organization continues to evolve and grow, we are launching an intern program to provide individuals with unique work experience within a fast, growing industry!
The A&E team facilitates preparing the detailed architectural and engineering drawings and specifications for MD7 clients within the telecom industry. This internship will prepare construction drawings and other tasks in assistance to the A&E Department.
Major goals and responsibilities
- Prepare Construction drawings following provided template
- Revise drawings based off internal redlines, client redlines, and jurisdictional comments
- Support the A&E Department with completing additional tasks where needed.
- Prepare technical drawings: preparation of architectural and engineering drawings and specifications utilizing AutoCAD
- Modify drawings: includes revising redline mark-ups from AE managers/Leads and are in compliance of company standards.
- Participate in meetings: includes conference calls and face-to-face meetings to provide regular updates to internal team and interface with others.
- Maintain database: includes daily updating of MD7 tracking databases and project management tools to communicate status and provide detailed reporting.
Key Characteristics to be Successful in this Role
a. Highly organized
b. Ambitious Team Player
c. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
d. Ability to adjust to changing workload and priorities
e. Basic computer skills with Outlook, Excel and Word
f. Experience with Auto CAD is a must
a. Interested in architectural and engineering development, architectural and engineering studies, legal and IT studies, or similar areas of study
b. Strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
c. Good knowledge of architectural and engineering practices, methods, and procedures
3. Licenses or Certifications
a. Certification in technical drafting preferred
MD7 Core Values
Our Vision and Core Values are both foundational and aspirational at the same time. We never quit striving to improve. We’re always looking to recruit exceptional talent that share in these values as well.
- Respect for the Individual
- Balanced Life
- Giving Back
- Continuous Improvement
- Extreme Service
We work hard to provide our interns with exposure to various areas of the business, face time with company executives and leaders, and a one-of-a-kind company culture!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Pay Range: $15/hour
- Employment Type: Paid Internship/ Temporary
How to Apply: We have a one of a kind hiring process that starts with calling our job line at 858.766.6001. We look forward to hearing from you!