(Land Use Internship)
5G is changing the world. Be part of that change. MD7, a leading provider of innovative solutions to help mobile network operators is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Administrative (Land Use Intern) to expand the team.
- Do you love minding the details?
- Do you follow recipes exactly as written every time?
- Does supporting teammates and clients in a high energy, fast paced office excite you?
- Do you want to gain experience in areas such as urban planning, site development, and jurisdiction filing?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on. As our organization continues to evolve and grow, we are launching an intern program to provide individuals with unique work experience within a fast, growing industry!
The Land Use team facilitates the development of cellular antenna sites across the country through working with numerous jurisdictions to procure zoning approvals, building permits, electrical permits, and more! This internship will research and execute zoning codes, file permitting applications, learn permitting standards for various jurisdictions, and master assorted components to support the Land Use Department.
Major goals and responsibilities
- Review jurisdictional requirements and standards in local codes
- Prepare applications and coordinate engineering/construction documents
- Support the Land Use Department with completing additional tasks needed.
- Research local code: includes reviewing local jurisdictional code and guidelines to submitting and processing applications for zoning approval and permits.
- Prepare permit packages: includes preparing and mailing applications, public noticing, and preparation of memorandums and application maps.
- Participate in meetings: includes conference calls and face-to-face meetings to provide regular updates to internal team and interface with clients and others.
- Maintain database: includes daily updating of internal and external customer databases with project and application statuses.
Key Characteristics to be Successful in this Role
- Highly organized
- Ambitious Team Player
- Problem solving
- Ability to adjust to changing workload and priorities
- Basic computer skills with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Interest in urban planning and development, environmental studies, legal studies or similar areas of study
- 1-2 years of office experience preferred, but not required
- Licenses or Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
MD7 Core Values
Our Vision and Core Values are both foundational and aspirational at the same time. We never quit striving to improve. We’re always looking to recruit exceptional talent that share in these values as well.
- Respect for the Individual
- Balanced Life
- Giving Back
- Continuous Improvement
- Extreme Service
We work hard to provide our interns with exposure to various areas of the business, face time with company executives and leaders, and a one of a kind company culture!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range: $15/hour
Employment Type: Paid Internship/ Temporary
How to Apply: We have a one of a kind hiring process that starts with calling our job line at 858.766.6001. We look forward to hearing from you!