Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living, and Martha Stewart Living.
The SEO team at Meredith defines and delivers success in organic search for our portfolio of iconic digital brands. We seek a passionate, skilled SEO Content Strategist to help oversee implementation of SEO best practice, define digital content strategy, and apply SEO analytics to provide tactical and strategic support to the content production, product design, and product development teams, with the goal of expanding the brand’s presence in organic search.
You will be responsible for ongoing SEO optimization and production recommendations (including keyword research, competitive analysis, and on-page SEO recommendations), maintenance of brand information architecture through the coupling of audience insights with CMS functionality, SEO documentation and training, ongoing reporting and analytics, brand SEO health audits, and partnering with stakeholders to position your brands for SEO success.
II. Essential Job Functions
- Vision and Strategic Leadership
- Product Management Oversight and Practices
- Grow External Partnerships
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements |
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Digital Marketing, or a related field is preferred.
Minimum of 2-3 years experience in SEO with a focus on strategic content optimization and information architecture.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly creative, with the ability to explore and articulate incremental opportunities for organic growth.
- Must have excellent knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Deep Crawl, etc. ).
- Must be results-oriented, focusing on key opportunities to maximize organic performance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively; verbally, in writing, and in person.
- Must have the ability to work well with multiple stakeholders representing a range of organizational goals.
- Must have the ability to make quick decisions confidently.
- Must be able to multitask and manage complex workflows, multiple data sets, and overlapping initiatives.
- Must have previous experience in understanding of information architecture, search engine ranking factors, algorithms, and core SEO principles.