The incumbent is on the Agency’s Publication Support Team and will work collectively with Agency staff to create and update documents and publications such as fact sheets, reports, PDF Conversions, training and certification brochures, programs, flyers, guidance documents, Excel documents, Legislative Reports, Visio process maps, PowerPoint presentations, calendars and other items to go onto the agency templates and/or website. To accomplish this the team works in partnership with multiple teams throughout the Agency such as the Information Officers, Web Team, Design Team and program staff to ensure that all documents meet agency policies and guidelines. The incumbent will also have back-up responsibilities for the Publication Support Team Lead and the Legislative Report Coordinator.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Typing and word processing skills sufficient to produce quality documents and reports in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various office software (i.e. Microsoft Word for Windows/Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe Professional and Adobe InDesign).
- Ability to learn databases/workflows.
- Ability to scan multiple page documents.
- Data entry skills sufficient to enter data efficiently and with accuracy.
- Customer service and human relation skills
- Business English skills sufficient to communicate, read, write, prepare, and edit materials, using correct and error-free spelling, punctuation, grammar, and typing and to provide instructions and information to other staff.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio, Power Point, Publisher, and OnBase
- Skill/experience in Adobe InDesign to update and produce electronic documents and forms.
- Time management skills sufficient to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, organize work, and meet time deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to research information.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure pollution does not have a disproportionate impact on any groups of people.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. We emphasize work-life balance, and strive to have an inclusive workplace for everyone.