Administrative/Clerical Support Temp Pool (2020-2021)
For full details and to apply, click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Type of Assignment: Classified/Staff
Assignment Category: Temporary Assignment
MiraCosta College is accepting applications to create a pool for temporary clerical/secretarial short-term assignments. Availability of assignments is dependent on the needs of individual departments. Work schedule would be determined by the hiring department and may include morning, afternoon, and/or evening hours at any of the MiraCosta College sites (Oceanside Campus, San Elijo Campus in Cardiff, Community Learning Center in Oceanside, Technology Career Institute in Carlsbad).
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain active until June 30, 2021.
Salary Range: Varies depending on assignment.
Compensation: $13.00 – $30.11 per hour, based on assignment.
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the required documents directly in the online system.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO LIST DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB DUTIES YOU HAVE PERFORMED. The information you provide will be used to determine the level of assignment for which you will be considered.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. If a degree is required to meet minimum qualifications for the position, please attach transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in the job description. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 2) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 3) approval by the Board of Trustees.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Perform a wide variety of clerical/secretarial work ranging from basic to complex duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will vary per assignment and may include:
– answering phones;
– providing customer service to internal and external customers;
– arranging and scheduling meetings;
– data entry;
– maintaining and updating records, databases, and files;
– composing and preparing a variety of documents;
– verifying, compiling, and recording information for the preparation of reports;
– taking and transcribing minutes.
To view the full job descriptions for the Administrative Support Assistant job series, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/hr/current_jobdescriptions.html
– computer applications
– correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
– interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
– modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
– telephone techniques and etiquette
– record keeping techniques
– basic math
– communicate effectively both orally and in writing
– meet schedules and timelines
Education & Experience:
Minimum education: graduation from high school or GED equivalent
Minimum experience: one to five years of related work experience depending on assignment.
To view the full job descriptions for the Administrative Support Assistant job series, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/hr/current_jobdescriptions.html.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to travel to various locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent public contact and interruption; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; occasional evening, week¬end and/or holiday hours required on an as-needed basis.
Posting Number: S19/20062P
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
Job Close Date: 6/30/2021
Open Until Filled: No
First Screening Date:
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California’s 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at http://www.miracosta.edu/officeofthepresident/pio/aboutmcc.html
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.