At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Center for Immunization and Infection Research in Cancer (CIIRC) Fowler Campus is looking for a temporary Medical Assistant Research to perform phlebotomy.
- Medical Assistants are essential members of the study team, they contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
- Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting is preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant Graduate from Accredited program is preferred
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
- Responsible for patient procedures/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies and equipment.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior experience in phlebotomy is required