Position – Monster Sessions – Business Administration/Development Intern
Monster Sessions Office: USA – Irvine – 19200 Von Karman Avenue Suite 400
Monster Sessions is a US based music education platform that educates its students on the professional processes of the music industry through a series of hands-on in-studio classes.
Monster Sessions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Overview: Our Intern program is a great way to gain real hands on experience and professional exposure. The Internship Program is designed to provide motivated and interested students with knowledge of the music entertainment industry. Today’s students will become tomorrow’s leaders, and our goal is to provide these individuals with a meaningful, educational and fun work experience.
- Monster Sessions/Monster A&R is seeking a part-time intern who will be responsible for adding team value to our Monster Sessions office environment, located in Irvine, CA
- This internship is for the upcoming Fall/Winter semesters
- Interns will work in our Irvine office and may be asked to help during our classes which are held in Los Angeles/Burbank, CA.
Job Title: Business Administration/Development Intern
The benefits of working in our internship program: Monster Sessions interns will gain real world experience by participating in the day-to-day operations & activities in our office. Networking and learning from industry professionals, interns will be exposed to the broader music industry environment through our education & music management platforms.
- Gain first-hand professional experience working under industry professionals in education
- Have a leg up on the competition before graduating with professional experience on your resume
- Upon completion of our internship program, you may qualify to receive a recommendation letter, based on your performance
- Apply your coursework and experience to a professional work environment
- Develop your professional communication skills, network and acquire real-world professional experience
- We can offer a flexible schedule, to accommodate your busy class schedule
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited university or college
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to perform multiple assignments
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Must have access to Skype/Zoom/Facetime for virtual team meetings
- Should have at least Junior year standing
- Must be willing to travel 10 – 50 miles weekly
- 2-6 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Remote (Work from home)
- Commit to 10-20 hours per week during the winter/spring/summer semester to an internship
- Support upper management with Outlook calendar management, internal scheduling and general administrative tasks
- Assist with data entry, filing and organizing documents
- Assist with planning of industry/corporate events
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Assist HR with client development and employer branding & recruiting
- Perform other duties requested by our management team
- Unpaid – Paid (Hourly – Based on experience/strength of resume)
Hourly Base: $13/hour
- Interns will be paid an hourly wage that will be based on position average, prior work experience, strength of interview and resume relevance
- United States (Preferred)
Internship Work Areas:
- General Business
- Research Analysis
- Event Coordination
- Monster Session/Monster A&R internships range from: unpaid and for academic credit only, to paid, and is based on an ability and experience scale. If you cannot receive academic credit from a four-year accredited university, you may not be considered for an interview.
- This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.