Position – Monster Sessions – Entertainment Law Internship
Monster Sessions Office: USA – Irvine – 19200 Von Karman Avenue Suite 400
Monster Sessions is a US based music education platform that educates its students on the professional processes of the music industry through a series of hands-on in-studio classes.
Monster Sessions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Overview: Our Internship program is a great way to gain real hands on experience and professional exposure. The Internship Program is designed to provide motivated and interested students with knowledge of the music entertainment industry. Today’s students will become tomorrow’s leaders, and our goal is to provide these individuals with a meaningful, educational and fun work experience.
- Monster Sessions/Monster A&R is seeking a part-time intern who will be responsible for accounting and analysis in our Monster Sessions office, located in Irvine, CA
- Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we look to hire an intern who is available to also work remotely as effectively as they would in our offices
- This internship is for the upcoming Winter/Spring semesters
- Interns will work in our Irvine office and may be asked to help during our classes/events which are typically held in Los Angeles/Burbank
- Interns may be required to travel, as some of our classes/events may occur outside of the city/state
Job Title: Entertainment Law Intern
The benefits of working in our internship program: Monster Sessions interns will gain real world experience by participating in the day-to-day operations & activities in our office. Networking and learning from industry professionals, interns will be exposed to the broader music industry environment through our education & music management platforms.
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited university or college
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to perform multiple assignments
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 WPM
- Experience with Billing & Collections
- Ability to work remotely
- Must have access to Skype/Zoom/Facetime for virtual team meetings
- Should have at least Junior year standing
- Must be willing to travel 10 – 50 miles weekly
- 2-6 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Remote (Work from home)
- Commit to 10-20 hours per week during the winter/spring/summer semester to an internship
- Provide Administrative and Legal support
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with honesty and integrity
- Manage phone calls and monthly calendars
- Contribute to music business innovative meetings that will be based on creating ‘fair’ music contracts for talent
- Be a part of Talent Development meetings and processes
- Assist with the curation of our legal administration processes
- Research and Development
- Perform other duties requested by our management team, which will all be related to the music/entertainment business
- Unpaid – Paid (Hourly – Based on experience/strength of resume)
Hourly Base: $13/hour
- Interns will be paid an hourly wage that will be based on position average, prior work experience, strength of interview and resume relevance
- United States (Preferred)
Internship Work Areas:
- General Business
- Research Analysis
- Event Coordination
- Monster Session/Monster A&R internships range from: unpaid and for academic credit only, to paid, and is based on an ability and experience scale. If you cannot receive academic credit from a four-year accredited university, you may not be considered for an interview.
- This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.