At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
As a User Experience Designer on the UX Design team, you will….
- Work in a small team envisioning the future, designing end-to-end solutions for in-field users across diverse areas, including government, public safety, and enterprise.
- Work within the CTO organization leveraging artificial intelligence and video analytics to improve our customer’s lives.
- Be an integral part of a growing team that is involved in strategic and innovative projects that will lead the company’s vision.
- Collaborate with UX researchers to capture and synthesize insights from the field to enable UX designers to ideate, prototype, and deliver designs to development teams to make them a reality.
- Contribute to future envisioning efforts in the form of design exercises, brainstorming sessions/workshops as needed within the team.
- Be someone that will approach each project as part of a greater strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
- Holistic understanding of user experience design between hardware and software
- Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling skills as well as a command of design thinking principles and best practices
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile UI/UX design preferred
- Knowledge and experience in services UI/UX design preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, and other industry-standard wireframing tools
- Knowledge in prototyping tools preferred
- Experience designing for voice interaction is a plus
- Experience leveraging artificial intelligence and video analytics in design is a plus.
***Must provide a link to a portfolio or digital examples of your work when applying.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to work remotely
- Private medical & dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible working hours
- Strong collaborative culture
- Comfortable work conditions (high-class offices, parking space)
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events as well as training and broad
- Development opportunities
Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field plus 3+ years of professional experience OR Master’s degree in a design-related field