Please apply directly on our website, https://careers.mtholyoke.edu
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Fimbel Maker & Innovation Lab at Mount Holyoke College seeks a half-time Coordinator to work 20 hours per week.
Fimbel Lab is a new facility on campus that enables the students, faculty, and staff of Mount Holyoke to turn ideas into tangible reality, providing hands-on learning opportunities that can empower and inspire the students. We house both rapid prototyping tools (e.g. 3D printers and laser cutters) as well as traditional wood and metal working tools. We are not affiliated with any academic department and strive for a welcoming environment where everyone feels at home, regardless of background and level of experience. We are seeking a team member who is detail oriented to assure the smooth functioning of the space, proactive in identifying new opportunities, and able to provide a welcoming environment to all our users. We seek an energetic, hardworking individual who will thrive in our “start-up” environment, and who possesses excellent organizational and time-management skills. Comfort with spreadsheet applications and the willingness to learn new software and technology are required. The Coordinator will support the Fimbel Lab technical staff, under the supervision of the Director.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Fimbel Lab staff with planning and supporting programs and events
- Anticipate upcoming needs throughout the semester to support smooth operations
- Process expenses, direct payments, and reimbursements, following Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures. • Monitor annual budget and prepare budget requests and reports
- Manage the hiring and scheduling of student workers
- Greet users and answer questions at the front desk, creating a welcoming environment
- Manage communications and scheduling with internal and external users
- Keep the website up to date
- Maintain the user databases
- Oversee posters and social media drafted by student worker
- Draft annual reports and other documentation
- Track and compile data and perform basic analysis on use and effectiveness of the space
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work duties and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Good judgment in decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication capacities, with experience creating communications as described above, as well as proofreading skills
- Comfort with spreadsheet applications and the willingness to learn new software and technology (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Experience monitoring and reconciling budgets will be a plus.
- A maker background is an added bonus
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and/or prior relevant experience
Physical Demands: Office work
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified
employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully
carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as
the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver
Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing
interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.