Events and Facilities Staff
Reports to: Chief Programs Officer
Salary: $13/Hour, Part Time
The Events and Facilities Staff are required to inspect and monitor properties to protect against vandalism, terrorism, theft, fire, and different types of illegal activities during weddings, facility rentals and events. Provide a visual security presence to ensure that visitors have a safe and pleasant experience while visiting the Center. Events and Facilities Staff are our liaison with Catering and Rental patrons on our property.
- Computer skills: Smart Phone and Google Office
- Outstanding oral and written English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, self motivated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Current California Driver’s license, valid auto insurance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having keen observational skills.
- Being proactive.
- Applicants will either be vaccinated or will have a current negative COVID test within 72 hours before each assignment
- Watching out for unusual activity.
- Creating reports about damage or theft of the property.
- Monitoring properties.
· Lifting of 35 lbs without assistance or utilization of material handling devices
· Helping as event staff with front desk help, or support staff when needed
· Answer front desk telephone while on duty
· Effectively handle complaints during events
· Work well with public and staff – have a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities is important.
· Dress Code of Black slacks and White shirt during events
· Other tasks as assigned
This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development).
A criminal background clearance, computer test, and Physical required upon job offer. Applicants will either be vaccinated or will have to have a current negative COVID test within 72 hours before each assignment
Please email your resume and cover letter to Janette@themuck.org.