Job Description: Weekend Receptionist
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
WORK SCHEDULE– Part-time, Weekends 11:30am-4:30pm
This is an opening for a driven individual who wishes to make a difference. Candidate’s primary responsibility would be acting as a receptionist in the beautiful working environment of the Muckenthaler Cultural Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer phones and take messages for staff.
- Customer Service for visiting patrons.
- Learn and read about events and history of the Muckenthaler to enable you to answer all types of questions about the Muck.
- Organization of reception desk and lobby area. Keep reception area clean and stocked with Muckenthaler literature.
- Sharing of clerical, secretarial, and administrative functions with other office staff efficiently
- Monetary transactions: receive class registrations, ticket orders, and memberships over the phone and in person. Enter these orders into our online ticketing/registration/membership system.
- Other related duties as required
- Work well with public and staff – have a proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Demonstrate a commitment to equity.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekdays
- Be able to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives
- Be able to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English; have a pleasant phone voice.
- Familiarity with MS Office Programs, Google Docs, Gmail
- Ability to effectively learn and use our CRM Software: Altru
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
- Bilingual Korean or Spanish a plus
$13 per hour.
Please email your resume and cover letter and direct all questions to:
Janette Pyun, Chief Operations Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Muckenthaler Cultural Center, 1201 W. Malvern Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833
714-738-6595 xt 103, Fax 714-738-6366
DISCLAIMER This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development).