PERMANENT BUILDING SUBSTITUTE TEACHER NEEDED IN PERSON FOR THE 2020-2021 School Year $115.00/day
WORK EVERY DAY. ELIGIBLE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE
The Nashua School District is seeking substitute teacher applicants with previous experience working with children to establish successful relationships with students in order to manage classroom behavior and the educational background to support delivering curriculum content.
In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears chalkboard, etc.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by principaL
This notice should not be construed to imply that this is the exclusive list of job functions associated with this position.
Applicants should apply on our website at www.nashua.edu.
The Nashua Board of Education reaffirms its position of compliance with applicable State and Federal laws of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information and age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in the services, programs and activities of the Nashua school District.