The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Golden, Colorado is the nation’s primary laboratory for research and development of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
From day one at NREL, you’ll connect with coworkers driven by the same mission to save the planet. By joining an organization that values a supportive, inclusive, and flexible work environment, you’ll have the opportunity to engage through our eight employee resource groups, numerous employee-driven clubs, and learning and professional development classes.
This position will join the Accounts Payable team within the Office of the CFO. The individual will work within a dynamic financial operations department, closely collaborating with colleagues and other departments through the full AP cycle. Administer NREL’s policies and procedures and guide the preparation, calculation, audit and issuance of payments to vendors and employees.
Full cycle AP to include, but not limited to the following:
- Review and process moderate volume, highly complex invoices using Oracle Accounts Payable module for both three-way and two-way match.
- Review subcontract invoices to ensure compliance with applicable terms and conditions.
- Monitor subcontracts to ensure subcontract deliverable(s) and invoice payment requirements are met.
- Process payment runs (Check, ACH and Wires).
- Send Wires.
- Recall payments.
- Void/Cancel/Re-Issue payments.
- Handle correspondences (mail, email and telephone) for information within NREL and with outside vendors.
- Research and resolve all invoice and purchase order discrepancies.
- Respond to Audit requests.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Foreign payee review and payment handling.
- Other Duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a continuous learner, comes up with innovative ideas, takes initiative and has a commitment to quality.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in accounting/finance field or, Associates Degree in business, accounting or related field or certification program of comparable scope and 2 or more years of experience in the accounting/finance field.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of experience in a high complexity, fast paced accounting department within a public sector, government or similar organization.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted account principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 2 years previous experiences using accounting systems, word processing and Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to positively interact with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the Lab.
- Demonstrated forward thinking and innovative approach to problems and situations.
- Ability to adapt to change and take initiative.