- The Industry Growth Forum (IGF) is one of the several programs run out of the NREL Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (IEC) whose mission is to build a cleantech ecosystem to empower market solutions that transform communities around the world.
- In its 26th year, the Industry Growth Forum (IGF) is the premier event for cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, and experts from industry and the public sector to build relationships, showcase innovative technologies, and identify disruptive business solutions. The IGF builds on decades of technical expertise and market analysis accumulated at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the nation’s only federal lab dedicated to renewable energy and energy efficiency research.
- As part of this dynamic team, you will work in the months leading up to the forum with key stakeholders including investors, cleantech startup entrepreneurs, and other affiliated organizations that are critical to the IEC’s ecosystem, our mission, and the success of the event.
- Initial tasks will be focused on helping recruit clean energy startups to apply to present at the IGF through extensive email outreach and proactive calls to startups to inform them of the IGF and value proposition of applying. This involved both researching prospective applicants and the outreach communication to the prospects (September – November)
- Support IGF team with coordination of and communication to presenting companies once selected (December-April).
- Support IGF team with the recruitment and coordination of and communication with seated professionals and judges.
- Support setup and administration of our mobile event management software.
- Support setup and administration of our event registration software.
- Conduct industry research and analysis in search of potential sponsorships and attendees.
- Support the event management of the program in general (IGF email account, website updates, surveys, sponsor recruitment).
- Support social media and marketing efforts – includes content marketing.
- Provide on-site logistical support of the event (April 12-14).
- Work during the summer includes metrics, reporting, data management, planning for the next year’s event and supporting other programming in the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Effective written and oral communication skills for communicating with senior level individuals at start-up companies and contribution to content marketing
- Comfortable making cold calls to prospective stakeholder to articulate value of the IGF and to help with customer service issues
- Software-savvy: Familiarity with various software platforms and systems–including CRM, mobile app, registration, email marketing, etc. Able to quickly understand and pickup software and virtual platforms.