Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking a Data Processing Intern to join us for our 2022 spring internship program. By assisting in the Data Processing department, the intern will learn the fundamental elements of managing data, tabulation programming, weighting and quality control. Through exposure to multiple data processing methods, project methodologies and business challenges, the intern will get an in-depth introduction to the evolving practice of market research data processing. The intern will explore cutting edge industry software, presenting new features and methods to data processing and client services stakeholders.
Below is general information on the internship.
- Start Date: January 24, 2022
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Advance DP objectives with new software roll out
- Research and present findings to Data Processing team leaders
- Collaborate with Data Processing team leaders on presentations
- Introduce / Train methods and techniques of new software virtually
- Attend regular team meetings and share opinions on
- Systems and processes
- Support Data Processing department in daily operations
- Tabulation project set up
- Significance testing
- Quality control reviews
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and Business Development teams as well as our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Processing, Marketing Sciences and Design.
Who You Are
- Enjoys working with data and numbers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to learn and get things done.
- A team player, able to collaborate and work independently.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- High attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industries.
- Excellent computer and typing skills, including high proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in Mathematics, Statistics, Social Science, Computer Science, Data Science or other discipline applying quantitative methods.
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school within six months of the start of the internship.
- Nice to have experience:
- Zoom, Teams, Skype and similar applications
- SPSS, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey and similar applications
- Survey research
This is a temporary non-exempt position. We require interns to work a minimum of 16 hours per week with the flexibility to work between the hours of 9am-6pm PT.
NRG provides flexible work options – employees will be given the choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Culver City or New York) or a hybrid of the two.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in data processing?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)