Do you have data analytics experience? Check out this awesome opportunity! The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate understands data pipeline technologies and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery solutions are consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited about the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation product initiatives. This position requires knowledge of current data analytics solutions and to be kept abreast of future technology trends.
Required Skills *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- BS or MS in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Statistics
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: R, Python, NOSQL, SQL, PL/SQL, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases as well as familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Knowledge of use cases and comfortable using them for requirements gathering and design
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to employ a variety of software languages and tools to integrate systems together
- Familiarity with Cloud Services, Hadoop, Tableau, Power BI, and Denodo a plus.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.