New Energy Nexus is an international organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and have expanded operations into China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. Our mission is to support diverse entrepreneurs to drive innovation and build equity in the global clean energy economy. Our goal is to support 100,000 startups to succeed by 2030 – a decisive decade in our collective struggle with climate change. With our network, we directly boost hundreds of entrepreneurs annually while uplifting thousands more. Since 2004, New Energy Nexus (up until recently known as California Clean Energy Fund) has leveraged billions in investment, invested in 100s of clean energy enterprises, and launched industry leading centers for solution collaboration.
Learn more at www.newenergynexus.com.
New Energy Nexus is looking for an Operations Associate to support our global Finance & Operations team for a rapid, exponential, global expansion. The person in this role will support this team with core operations tasks ranging from event and office management to contracts management, operational systems design and maintenance, process and workflow design, finance and budgeting tasks as well as special projects. If you have a passion for clean energy, entrepreneurship, enjoy process design, operational excellence and enabling organizations and people to succeed, this position may be for you! Candidates must be based in California, with the ability to travel to the Oakland, CA office a few times a month. Relocation assistance is not available.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who is a fast learner, self-motivated, solution oriented, tech-savvy and can work with many different individuals while juggling priorities. If you know how to make “it” happen, this is a role for you. If your ultimate dream job is Chief Operating Officer of a global social enterprise, you should apply because this role is a high-paced stepping stone on that career path.
The Operations Associate will initially focus on work in three main areas; we expect the role’s responsibilities to grow quickly as the recruited individual learns about processes and program content:
1. Support Finance & Operations Leadership
- Support Controller with expense report processing, audit trail documentation and reconciliation for various financial processes, e.g. credit cards, payroll allocations to cost codes, monthly core documentation management, procurement documentation, complex invoicing preparations, insurance policy maintenance
- Own the corporate compliance calendar for global finance, accounting & governance processes
- Manage core corporate data repositories
- Manage and coordinate one-time projects and ad-hoc programs
- Assist all team members with process and systems compliance
- Manage corporate email accounts
2. Support Program Leadership
- Create or improve knowledge sharing processes, including the company’s Gitbook
- Fulfill discrete event and program management tasks delegated by program directors and program managers
- Coordinate and support complex scheduling requests
- Manage all-hands events
3. Technology Administration
- Source and managing office systems access and configurations for a global team of 60+ and growing staff, including troubleshooting
- Act as a point of contact for staff’s technology concerns, including managing the IT_Help internal Slack channel
- Regularly audit our suite of SaaS products to ensure cost effectiveness and efficacy for global staff members
- Research, purchase, and manage SaaS, hardware, and our computer inventory
Specific Skills Required
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field, with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Information Systems or related field, with a minimum of 1 year of work experience
- Passion for excellence in operations, process development, and project management
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly skilled in MS Office (or similar Google) applications
- Knack for SaaS end user management and Level 1 end user trouble shooting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and in a role that will require prioritizing competing demands
- Ability to handle improvisation and ambiguity with a positive outlook
- Sense of urgency and solution focus
Cultural and language competency for non-US markets a plus
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing (1) why you are interested in a position with New Energy Nexus, and (2) why you’re right for the role.
New Energy Nexus values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement and knows that’s the way we’re going to win big. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer — all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family/marital status or veteran status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We will compensate competitively and have good benefits and a supportive culture.