NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
POSTING #: 21-00107
TITLE: Software Development Specialist 1 ISSUE DATE: 06/02/2021
TITLE CODE: 10238 CLOSING DATE: 06/23/2021
DIVISION: Information Technology LOCATION: Ewing
UNIT: Applications Development and Systems Support
RANGE: P23 SALARY: $59,861-$68,212
WORK WEEK: 40 hours
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) is accepting applications for candidates
interested in a Software Development Specialist 1 position for the Division of Information
Technology. A Software Development Specialist 1 is assigned a 40 – hour work week. Current
starting salary range is between $59,861 and $68,212, based on experience. As a NJ State Department, NJDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Care (medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care), Pension, Deferred Compensation, 12 paid holidays, and Benefit Leave 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 3 administrative days).
NJDOT’s Office of Applications Development and Systems Support (ADSS) provides the following services and activities:
– In – House Business Analysis and Development;
– In – House Application Development
– In – House Applications Maintenance
– In – House Consultant Oversight and Procurement
– In – House Technology Support Services
– Office of Information Technology resource management and communications
An appointee to this position will be work as part of a team and job duties include but are not limited to:
– Developing programs and reports within existing applications;
– Developing programs and reports in new applications;
– Programming in ASP, ASP.NET, html. css, java, java script, vb.NET, vb script, and other languages as necessary to support
– Preparing SOW’s
– Reviewing and evaluating vendor proposals; reviewing billing invoices and attending meetings;
– Documenting business needs and requirements;
– Collaborating with IT vendors;
– Working with the main enterprise systems and participating in the re – write of financial and procurements systems.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: One (1) year of programming, systems programming or computer analysis experience.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated above on a year – for – year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience.
NOTE: A Master’s degree in an Information Technology field will substitute for the required
For more information regarding this position, please refer to:
– Web – based programming knowledge, such as ASP.NET, CSS, java scripting
– Excellent analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
– Experience with Vendors and Clients related to contracts and compliance issues
– Knowledge of Database design principles
– Good oral and written communication skills that allow accurate translation of user requirements
into Information Technology products.
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the
Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
NJDOT does not provide sponsorship or accept student OPT/CPT program, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
Residency: All persons newly hired on or after September 1, 2011 have one year from the date of
appointment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey subject to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 52:14 – 7 (L.2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act.”
You must apply through the NJDOT website at:
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
NJ State Application for Employment (Application and instructions can be found at link above)
Letter of interest Current resume
Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation
Proof of Degree: You must provide transcript or evaluation of your UNDERGRADUATE degree. Foreign degree evaluation must be evaluated by a USA recognized evaluation service and include your course – by – course evaluation.
Incomplete Packets: Applicants MAY NOT be considered if they fail to
provide all requested documents upon initial submittal or fail to follow instructions when
submitting electronically. Applicants will be selected for an interview on the basis of their
Current State employees: Any appointments made that involve movement may result in a forfeiture of rights to any promotional lists in their former unit.
New Jersey Is An Equal Opportunity Employer