New York Habitat (https://www.nyhabitat.com) is an international real estate agency specialized in the furnished rental markets of New York, London, Paris and the South of France.
Our agency is currently offering exciting internship opportunities for motivated individuals looking to learn more about photography. Apartment photography is at the heart of a successful real estate company for many reasons, but the most important is to stand out. In the age of social media, Facebook, Twitter and mobile devices, having the best pictures can make all the difference.
This is what we will do at New York Habitat:
- Learn more about the techniques behind apartment photography
- Learn how to process photos in Lightroom
- Go on location and practice taking photos of real apartments
- Get hands-on experience and training
- Review your work with our skilled photographers
- Contribute to New York Habitat’s apartment photo database
You will be working with New York Habitat’s experienced photographers. They will help you understand the requirements and challenges of apartment photography, as well as guide you as you put your skills into practice with real apartments.
You will also have a chance to improve your photo editing skills on Lightroom. We will show you the tricks in correcting shadows and highlights, adjusting tones and white balance, and improving the luminance and saturation of the photos.
We are eager to share our knowledge and learn from you – new techniques and improving the quality of our pictures. The photos you take are sent out to be processed and go live on our website, Facebook Page, Twitter and other medias. You will work with real apartments, in a real professional environment, with immediate gratification.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2 months minimum preferred
- An Art Student who would be able to obtain academic credit through this program
- You need to have an eye when it comes to color, luminosity balance and overall photographic quality
- Love photography in general and all process associated with it.
- Preferable camera requirements: DSLR and a wide lens equivalent to at least 24mm
- Flexible schedule preferred, part time (15h/week)
Please check with your University or College about their internship for academic standards to make sure you are qualified to accept this position. Accommodations and a flexible schedule is provided for our student interns.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our job opportunities page: https://nyhabitat.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=232