The Logistics Coordinator provides overall direction throughout the Dedicated Fleet operation and provides operational assistance to the Project Manager wherever needed.
Shift: Wed, Thurs, Fri and every other Saturday from 3pm to 3am
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers
- Provides constant communications of service issues to appropriate personnel and departments, both internal (NFI) and external (Customer)
- Performs load planning, driver scheduling, and dispatch duties using both Dedicated Fleet and Common Carrier resources.
- Coordinates daily data entry into NFI’s proprietary order-management- system, TMW.
- Coordinates with home-office invoicing team to ensure timely and accurate completion of weekly customer invoices
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily and weekly tasks
- Provides weekly KPI/performance data reports to both internal and external parties
- Coordinates daily on scheduling truck and trailer maintenance.
- Works with safety department on DriveCam, driver compliance and HOS issues
- Assists Project Manager with implementing NFI’s Safety, Security and Labor policies
- Assists and provides coverage throughout departments during vacations, holidays if necessary
- Manages and maintains driver payroll
- Audits and approves driver expense reports
- Provides assistance to Project Manager wherever needed
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in logistics and/or transportation
- Computer applications experience including MS Office and TMW strongly desired
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, communication and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to work efficiently and multitask
- Must be able to work Evening shift
- Ability and availability to work extended hours if necessary