Transportation Trainee Program
Join a family.
Since 1932, NFI has been a leader in the logistics and distribution industry. What started out as a family run business has grown to be one of the most exciting logistics and distribution companies in North America. NFI continues to provide end-to-end logistics in a way that not only meets or exceeds goals, yet also transforms the experience through an unparalleled commitment to their customers.
Grounded by the values that guide us in the office, warehouse and on-the-road to always do the right thing, in a safe environment that allows us to deliver first-in class service, their family of employees come together each day in a spirit of innovation, care and teamwork that extends well beyond their walls.
Family. Integrity. Safety. Customers. Teamwork. Social Responsibility.
During the NFI Transportation Trainee Program, you will complete robust on-the-job training and development combined with a vast range of challenging hands-on projects and assignments that will prepare you for an entry-level management position.
This program combines individualized functional/tactical training with a strong focus on developing true leaders capable of succeeding in today’s competitive environment. Participants will observe experienced professionals to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for performance excellence.
You will learn to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers as well as a wide range of colleagues throughout NFI.
The program consists of facilitated real-life and classroom learning designed to expose participants to key business functions such as:
• 3PL Transportation Management
• Engineering, facility layout, labor standards
• Operations Support start ups
• P/L and General Ledger
• 5s and Lean processes
• Corporate functions including safety and Risk Management
• We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and loads of initiative
• Recently completed/completing Bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
• Extracurricular activities that illustrate leadership
• Previous employment or internship experience in a related field preferred
• Must be flexible for extensive travel and possible relocation upon completion of the program
• Ability to make independent decisions; work well in a team environment, customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude required
• Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
• Must be goal oriented, results driven and assertive
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus/required in some locations