NGM is excited to hire an enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated Research Associate to join our non-clinical research team. Our new RA will work on multiple projects to support our investigative toxicology studies to help inform the potential translatability and relevance of nonclinical safety findings to humans. This role is perfect for someone with 2-4 years of experience working on in vivo research with a broad range of molecular biology skills.
- Assist in the planning, design, and execution of simultaneous in vitro and in vivo toxicity experiments, including immunocompromised models in aseptic environments.
- Perform the following in-vivo procedures: Dosing techniques (such as IV, SC, IP, and oral (PO) dosing), blood collection techniques (tail and retro-orbital bleeds), and blood processing for analysis
- Perform in situ RNA hybridization-based assays, including RNAScope/BaseScope to investigate cell types and novel biomarker candidates to understand toxicity pathways in target organs.
- Run multiplex cytokine immunoassays using a Bio-Plex 200 system.
- Isolate RNA from tissue samples and run Taqman RT-PCR assays on a QuantStudi7 Pro RT-PCR System.
- Design and conduct mammalian cell culture experiments and conduct cell-based functional assays.
- Evaluate new cell culture technologies and published literature to increase the capabilities of the non-clinical research team.
- Perform data analyses in Excel and GraphPad Prism.
- Participate in project meetings, delivering updates on progress, presenting data, and suggesting next steps for future studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular & cell biology, life sciences, or a related field.
- Experience working on in vivo studies
- Experience performing at least 60% of the responsibilities listed above
- Scientific curiosity: enthusiasm for new ideas and the implementation of new methodologies in the pursuit of biological discoveries
- Team-Orientation: somebody who finds personal gratification in team success, appreciates and acknowledges their teammate’s contributions, and aligns personal growth opportunities with team needs
- Strong organization and time management skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.