Description: Tax Responsible Person
As a result of our ongoing growth, we are looking to hire a Tax Responsible Person join our team who will help with the preparation of tax returns and assist with related client tax matters. The ideal candidate will strong tax preparation and tax research skills. Experience in business management, entertainment industry, real estate, high net worth individuals and multi-jurisdictional planning is helpful. CPA license or progress towards CPA licensing is required.
- Prepare and/or review individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns
- Identify industry/client tax issues and situations, and assist with tax research and planning
- Assist with IRS and state issues and drafting responses to governmental correspondence and audits.
- Prepare closeouts for loan out corporations and analyze payroll withholding requirements for state and federal.
- Assist other team member with accounting responsibilities as necessary.
- Understanding of tax concepts related to individuals, C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, estates and trusts.
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience with a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field and grasp of accounting and financial statement concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks and tax preparation software such as BNA and Pro-System.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients (written, verbal, and in person).
- Ability to analyze issues, perform research, and demonstrate critical thinking to apply recommendations and assist in implementing new legislation and planning.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivator with excellent organization skills.