Position Title: IT Security Analyst Department: Information Technology Location: Westwood
Summary: The IT Security Analyst will monitor, maintain, and enhance the NKSFB cybersecurity program. They must be well versed in the current best practices and tools for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of client, company, employee, and end-user data. The IT Security Analyst will participate in risk and security assessments, respond to incidents and investigations, maintain operating procedures, standards, and guidelines. The IT Security Analyst will collaborate with IT staff to implement modern security tools and conduct research on emerging technologies, tools, and methods. They will also recommend new solutions to IT Management.
This position reports to the Supervisor of IT Infrastructure and Security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, triage, and remediate threats based on threat reports.
• Ensure audit trails, system logs, and other monitoring data sources are reviewed frequently for malicious activity.
• Perform vulnerability scans using tools such as Nessus.
• Participate in security forensic activities.
• Maintain a knowledge base of security advisories, alerts, trends, and practices.
• Maintain up-to-date information on security policies, standards, and guidelines at the direction of IT Management.
• Stay informed on new cybersecurity trends and threats. Recommend and assist with proactive measures.
• Provide reporting and metrics on the information security program.
• Consult with IT staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration of hardware and software.
• Maintain and monitor the firm’s security awareness program.
• Track hardware and software update schedules for vulnerabilities.
• Operationally maintain and monitor security controls such as patch management, firewalls, MFA, DLP, IDS, IPS, Anti-Virus, SSO, URL filtering, password management, SIEM, and CASB solutions.
• Provide after-hours support as assigned or requested.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Educational Requirements and Skills:
5 years of IT experience, with 1 year or more in an information security role.
Proficient in understanding: Network, Server, Internet, Endpoint, Cloud, Email, and Application security.
Network +, Security +, CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst (CySA+), CISSP, or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
• Strong organizational skills,
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills,
• Strong attention to detail,
• Good judgment,
• Strong interpersonal communication skills,
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others,
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion,
• Able to work under time and project deadlines; and
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Occasional, standing, walking, crouching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms.
Regular talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting.
Moderate to the loud noise level.
Risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job’s duties, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
* Please ask about our current open positions in all of our locations: Westwood, Irvine, South Bay, and Encino.
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer