The Staffing Coordinator collaborates with Nurse Managers and Nursing Supervisors to coordinate the staffing of various nursing departments. This work involves making and receiving phone calls, excellent communication and customer skills, documentation, working with an acuity based staffing/scheduling system. Must be able to consistently demonstrate EMMC caring behaviors with all customers. Able to work closely and collaboratively with others. Ability to focus and multitask in a busy environment. Must be able to meet timelines for finalization of and communication of unit staffing within the established guidelines.
• Displays a courteous, positive, and helpful attitude.
• Efficiently performs staffing functions
• Handles all telephone communications accurately and promptly.
• Accurately records calls reporting an unplanned absence/unscheduled PEP
• Contacts staff to replace unplanned absence/unscheduled PEP in a timely manner
• Provides timely notification of inability to fill unplanned absence/unscheduled PEP
• Updates schedule as needed for “swapping” requests that occur once a schedule Is posted
• Schedule appropriate staff to fill “holes” on a posted schedule
• Adheres to the MSNA contract for all matters pertaining to bargaining unit nurses.
• Communicates department activities and staffing needs to the oncoming staff at the change of shift.
• Updates the electronic time and attendance system daily recording unplanned absence/unscheduled PEP.
• Enters scheduled PEP into the electronic time and attendance system
• Maintains a clean working environment
• Attends DCAM Meeting serving as scribe
• Ensures schedules are up-to-date entering changes accurately and timely.
• Assists Transfer Center/Bed Management staff as needed
• Obtain Text Waivers, Texting Notification Lists, and other maintenance texting functions.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Effectively communicates appropriate information to Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager and/or Nursing Supervisors.
• Organizes work to finish on time 90% of the time.
• Demonstrates problem solving skills by using appropriate chain of command
• Demonstrates correct technique in the use of equipment
• Utilizes skills in identifying and improving processes that may interfere with the delivery of service excellence to customers to improve patient outcomes
• Participates in departmental quality improvement program.
• Attends 100% of mandatory in services
• Initials 100% of mandatory memos and staff meeting minutes
• Attends 50% of all staff meetings
• Works to enhance delivery of quality cost effective care
• Minimizes use of overtime when covering unplanned absenses/unscheduled PEP
• Stays current with computer software required to perform the job.
• Stays current with new equipment required to perform the job.
• Stays current with policies and procedures required to perform the job.
• Stays current with office management skills.
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status