Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, and the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 600 employees and partners with 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made a Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Junior Analyst position is responsible for performing research and analysis for the Government Consulting and Valuation Advisory (GoVal) department. This includes collecting and coalescing pertinent data, assisting in real estate market analysis, and analyzing economic trends in designated regions. This position reports to a designated Manager on the GoVal team.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret basic economic, demographic information, and rental market trends
- Perform interviews with property managers of market/LIHTC/subsidized properties to gather property specific information and general market conditions
- Gather information on new developments and finding subsidized, tax credit and market rate comparables in the area by speaking to developers and online research
- Perform interviews with local housing authorities, planners, senior centers, chamber of commerce to identify problems and understand demand in the market
- Assist in writing market feasibility studies and appraisals of proposed and existing real estate developments
- Request information from appraisers/brokers on improved and land comparables
- Assist with other duties, projects, or manager requests as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; this position involves a great deal of web-based research. Jr. Analysts must be comfortable speaking with individuals via telephone and synthesizing this information in written narrative form
- Display strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather information, conduct analyses, and present findings
- Solid organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (prefer advanced skill in Excel)
- Available for domestic travel as needed, including ability to drive to designated sites for in-person visits
Bachelor’s degree in related area plus 1-3 years of Real Estate research and market analysis, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Multifamily appraisal experience a plus
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website : http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Novogradac’s culture is centered on education, acceptance, innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the different perspectives that each of our employees bring to Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.