The Junior Analyst position is responsible for performing research and analysis for the Government Consulting and Valuation Advisory (GoVal) department. This includes collecting and coalescing pertinent data, assisting in real estate market analysis, and analyzing economic trends in designated regions. This position reports to a designated Manager on the GoVal team.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret basic economic, demographic information, and rental market trends
- Perform interviews with property managers of market/LIHTC/subsidized properties to gather property specific information and general market conditions
- Gather information on new developments and finding subsidized, tax credit and market rate comparables in the area by speaking to developers and online research
- Perform interviews with local housing authorities, planners, senior centers, chamber of commerce to identify problems and understand demand in the market
- Assist in writing market feasibility studies and appraisals of proposed and existing real estate developments
- Request information from appraisers/brokers on improved and land comparables
- Assist with other duties, projects, or manager requests as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; this position involves a great deal of web-based research. Jr. Analysts must be comfortable speaking with individuals via telephone and synthesizing this information in written narrative form
- Display strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather information, conduct analyses, and present findings
- Solid organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (prefer advanced skill in Excel)
- Available for domestic travel as needed, including ability to drive to designated sites for in-person visits
Bachelor’s degree in related area plus 1-3 years of Real Estate research and market analysis, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Multifamily appraisal experience a plus.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website : http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.