The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a part-time (8 hours per week) contractor position; Chemical Exposure Assessment Part-Time (Two Openings) with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Athens, GA
Salary: $16.71 per hour.
· One year of college, pursuing a degree in a science or engineering field;
· Experience in chemistry or biology laboratory work; and
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Experience with cell culture experiments.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least One year of college, pursuing a degree in a science or engineering field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
Ecosystem Processes Division (EPD) at the Center of Environmental Measurement and Modeling (CEMM) promotes sustainable ecosystem health and informs decisions that support environmental protection by applying the best biological, chemical and geophysical science as the foundation for ecosystem exposure research. EPD conducts field and laboratory investigations to obtain multi-endpoint cellular responses to stressor exposure, and to determine impacted biochemical processes and putative biomarkers of exposure to environmental contaminants.
This is an excellent opportunity for a current undergraduate student to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Culturing cells ;
- Conducting experiments;
- Processing cells; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org