The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Coastal Ecosystem Lab Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Narragansett, RI.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Collecting samples;
· Monitoring sensors;
· Analyzing data; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Narragansett, RI.
Salary: $23.83 per hour.
Travel: Overnight travel is unlikely.
· Strong analytic skills and experience with spreadsheets, and databases; and
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
· Experience working in wetlands and/or coastal marsh systems.
· A broad background in science including some combination of courses in ecology; biology, chemistry, geology, hydrology.
What the EPA project is about
Within ORD, the Center for Environmental Measurement & Modeling (CEMM) conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to measure and model contaminants in the environment, including research to provide fundamental methods and models needed to implement environmental statutes. The methods and models developed by CEMM are typically applied at the airshed, watershed and ecosystem level. Within CEMM, the Atlantic Coastal Environmental Sciences Division (ACESD) is responsible for coastal watershed, freshwater, estuarine, and coastal ecological research.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, biology, chemistry, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org