Vapor Intrusion Research Support
Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Vapor Intrusion Research Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $22.46 per hour.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated.
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation, data compilation and analysis;
- Strong written, oral, and electronic communication skills;
- Training and/or experience in general laboratory techniques, and or environmental studies; and
- Experience with basic laboratory safety requirements.
- Experience using Agilent ChemStation, Agilent MassHunter, and Microsoft office software.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least A Bachelor of Science degree in the fields of chemistry, biology, environmental science, physical sciences, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Environmental Measurement & Modeling (CEMM) conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to measure and model contaminants in the environment, including research to provide fundamental methods and models needed to implement environmental statutes. The methods and models developed by CEMM are typically applied at the airshed, watershed and ecosystem level. Within CEMM, the Watershed and Ecosystem Characterization Division (WECD) conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to characterize the presence, transport, transformation, sources, and impacts of contaminants in watersheds and ecological systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Documenting lab work and sample analyses ;
- Reviewing literature;
- Participating as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org