Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; VOC Analysis Laboratory Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $22.46 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with field air sampling techniques and/or general laboratory procedures;
- Experience performing scientific data analysis and visualizing results;
- Demonstrated written and oral scientific communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products;
- Education and/or experience with GC/MS, GC/FID, HPLC, and spectroscopic instrument operation and data analysis; and
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in gas flow systems including experience with gas phase measurements and measurement systems, pump systems, gas cylinder operation, and instrument calibration.
- Experience with data analysis software packages R, Matlab or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, physics, or other closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What is the EPA Project about?
Within ORD, the Center for Environmental Measurement and Modeling’s (CEMM) Air Measurement and Characterization Division (AMCD) conducts research relating to air pollution issues including high quality measurements of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in source emissions from a wide range of pollution sources and in ambient air near pollution source-impacted communities. ORD CEMM utilizes both standard EPA measurement methods and develops novel measurement methods to quantify VOCs in emissions and in ambient air.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Processing Data;
- Operating gas dilution systems;
- Working in the laboratory; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org