· Make and confirm tax appointment with clients
· Answer telephone
· Deliveries and errands as needed
· Receive tax supporting documents from clients, scan and organize in electronic files
· Update client contact information in electronic files
· Mail out Tax Organizer folders
· Assemble tax returns
· Greet tax clients in person
· Receive signatures from tax clients (both electronically and in-person) and present tax clients with information about payment of tax liability or receipt of tax refund
· Prepare simple 1040 tax forms (under supervision)
· Work on preparation of income tax source documents with an experienced tax preparer
· Work with clients as a partner/counselor to their businesses
· Conducting tax research, as needed.
· Bookkeeping including recording of transactions, adjusting journal entries and trial balance reconciliation.
· Preparation of financial statements.
· Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude, and high ethical standards.
· Ability to self-manage workflow and client projects.
Required Skills and Experience
· Fourth year in accounting program
· No prior experience required – we will train
· People skills are important
· Exhibit strong project management skills and computer skills.
· Excellent communication, writing and problem-solving skills.
· Must be detail oriented
· Time management skills & ability to prioritize tasks