The Michael Curry Summer Internship Program offers college juniors, seniors, and graduate students in all disciplines (including law) an opportunity to work in one of the agencies under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Governor on a full-time basis for ten (10) weeks during the summer. Positions are available in both Springfield and Chicago.
- Eligible applicants must be Illinois residents who have not previously participated in the Curry Internship Program.
- Curry interns will receive a stipend of $1,800 per month.
- The application is now available online; all applications must be submitted before April 16, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants are asked to choose their top three (3) preferred placements from the following agencies:
- Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Illinois Department of Central Management
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois State Fire Marshal
The application process for the 2021 Michael Curry Summer Internship Program is done completely online. The following documents must be submitted to Gov.CurryInternship@illinois.gov for your application to be considered:
- Completed application—click link below for application form
- Official or unofficial college transcript
- Personal statement (500 words or fewer)
- Policy essay (750 words or fewer)
A resume or CV may be provided as a supplement in addition to the above documents.