Old Dominion Freight Line is looking for a Sales Trainee to join the OD Family Culture. This trainee will receive hands on training on all operational processes and services in order to sell and market OD’s full portfolio. Once hands-on training is competed in each area the trainee will assume a role in a Sales Department within a region as needed. The trainee also completes assignments such as completing knowledge indicators, writing papers, viewing management videos, recommending improvements on Sales procedures.
- Complete on the job training knowledge and production exercises on all jobs within the service center
- Read the Corporate Personnel and Sales Manual and complete a matrix
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required
- Complete department knowledge indicators and develop new indicators as processes and procedures change
- Write and submit monthly activity reports
- Work in AS400 to monitor revenue levels and account activity
- Work in BI Warehouse to monitor revenue levels and account activity
- Clearly communicate information to departments and customers
- Conduct sales interviews skillfully with the objective of obtaining business
- Cultivate good relationships with decision makers in regards to traffic decisions
- Learn and implement a twenty day planner into the sales process
- Coordinate the customer’s needs with OD’s services
- Maintain and increase business levels in a given geographical territory
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the company history, policies, organization and the company’s scope of operations
- Experience working in the transportation industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relocate upon completion of the program
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee Credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).