The University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking a
Goodrich Staff Assistant
• Maintains files and records for department including tracking hours of paid coursework for scholars and total hours completed, textbook scholarships, summer school, graduation, probation/suspension, processing appeals and updating comprehensive scholar lists/records
• Assigns scholar contracts and tracks with Student Accounts
• Monitors departmental operating budget and maintains proper documentation; coordinates and pays department bills, tracks copier charges and paper usage
• Initiates and processes purchase orders, recurring payments, visiting personnel forms, travel authorization and reimbursement, SAP approval, etc.
• Maintains and orders department office supplies
• Schedules and maintains all rooms in Goodrich suite
• Provides support in assigning classrooms and reporting faculty workloads each semester
• Prepares required employment paperwork and other related personnel/HR documents
• Generates correspondence as needed but not limited to contracts for graduate assistants and student workers
• Serves as support for student and faculty technology checkout and setup; serves as backup for IT support
• Receives, monitors, and fields telephone calls from the general public, vendors, outside media, and campus personnel. Serves as the first point of contact for those visiting the Goodrich Scholarship Program and for those who call or e-mail seeking assistance.
• Provides detailed phone messages and timely delivery of messages to department staff
• Uses good judgment and professionalism in sharing general information and giving directions as necessary
Scholarship Application Process:
• Assists with the application process including monitoring interview/essay schedule, tracking essays, mail merging letters, or other necessary scholarship tasks. Also assists in creating and posting brochures, flyers, and other documents as requested
• Interacts with a wide variety of individuals including UNO staff, faculty and sometimes external public
• Has good rapport with and cares about students
· -High school education or equivalent
· -Minimum of four years general office experience
Salary Information: $16.25/hour minimum
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit: https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/12554
Review of applications will begin on 05/03/2021 and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, please apply by the review date. Applications received after the review date may be considered.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed in the ad. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, relation, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is an AA/EEO/ADA institution. For questions, accommodations or assistance, please call/contact the ADA/504 Coordinator (phone: 402.554.3523) or the Director of Accessibility Services Center phone: 402.554.2872). UCTEMP20