Graduate Assistant for Strategic Planning and State Relations
The UNO State and Community Relations team and the Strategic Planning Group are looking for a Graduate Assistant for the Academic Year 2021-2022. The assignment is for 20 hours per week, to be split between State and Community Relations and Strategic Planning. Candidates must be full-time students, and may not be employed elsewhere while serving as a Graduate Assistant.
State and Community Relations Essential Functions include
• Producing legislative bill reports for UNO State Relations Group
• Attending UNO State Relations Group meetings
• Assisting in planning for I Love NU Day
• Coordinating campus tours for senators and candidates this includes developing a schedule, confirming speakers, and assisting with tours
• Help in planning Legislative Staff Day on campus
• Updating database of elected officials
• Monitoring as needed legislative proceedings including floor debate and committee hearings
• Supporting meetings and activities of the Chancellor’s Advisory Councils
• Assisting in drafting of monthly e-newsletter
• Monitoring community calendars for sponsorship opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
Strategic Planning Essential Functions include
• Supporting Strategic Planning meetings, including SPSC Committee.
• Supporting the coordination of Strategic Planning Forums
• Organizing campus input data, including through qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Support Strategic Planning metrics through data prep, data entry and creation of dashboards
• Facilitation of zoom meetings as host, breakout session facilitator
• Creation of Qualtrics surveys
• Creation of gantt charts and simple graphics
• Support for UNePlan efforts, including data validation
• Testing of UNePlan modifications and documentation
• Updating of documentation related to Strategic Planning (note taking – which requires attendance, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Strong organizational skills, effective written and oral communication, and event management capacity are required. An understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, data literacy, business intelligence tools, and qualitative methods is required.
The candidate is required to be a Full time UNO Graduate Student. They cannot be employed elsewhere.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed above. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.