GRADUATE ASSISTANT – Housing and Residence Life
This position will provide support for various administrative and student-facing functions within Housing & Residence Life (HRL). The graduate assistant will:
- Co-advise student leadership organizations within HRL including the Leadership Involvement Team and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH).
- Assist with developing and implementing HRL student-staff selection and training processes including monthly in-service meetings.
- Support administrative processes within the department including regular auditing and tracking of departmental assets.
20 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Co-supervision of student-staff members during the summer term (June-July).
- Participation in on-call duty rotation to provide support for staff response to critical incidents within Housing & Residence Life (e.g., facilities issues, student crises, policy violations, etc.).
- Must be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program at UNO and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the appointment.
- Successful candidates will have excellent communication, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations is a necessity.
- Previous experience working in housing/residence life or student affairs.
- Enrollment in a graduate program closely related to the work of Housing & Residence Life.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly sits, stands, walks, uses stairs. See, hear, speak and use of hands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly works indoors. Noise level is low to moderate.
Calendar-year position – 12 months, July 1-June 30 (or remaining balance thereof). $18,759.00 ($1,563.25/month over 12 months). Tuition remission for up to 12 graduate credit hours per semester (spring, summer, fall). Eligible for subsidized health insurance
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed above. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.