Location: Fully remote, company located in Bay Area
Hours of Work: 10-20 hours per week
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Benefits: No medical benefits currently offered
Oppkey is looking for someone interested in Marketing Communications to join our team part-time. This is a varied role, and as part of a small team, working in a deadline-driven environment, you will be deeply involved with detailed, high quality marketing activities aiming at building developer communities and technology-focused companies.
Oppkey is located in San Francisco and Palo Alto, California. Due to health restrictions, employment is virtual.
No prior marketing or communications work experience needed. We will provide training. If you have internship or part-time work experience in marketing / publishing that shows your interest or ability to create marketing communications content, it is a plus. If you have been working or studying in a science field unrelated to marketing, you must submit a portfolio of work that shows your abilities with one or more of the following: YouTube-style videos, written technical content, blog-style articles. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain career skills and experience quickly.
Why Join Oppkey?
- Oppkey Communications Training – We have an excellent training program when you join Oppkey that will teach or reinforce your skills, skills that will be essential throughout your career
- Work directly with and learn from senior executives with 20+ years of experience in cutting-edge Silicon Valley marketing techniques
- Work with both large global companies and fast-growth startups
- Immediate responsibility, learn by doing (with guidance)
- Great first job or a great way to transition from development or sales engineering into cutting-edge marketing
- Firm is established and has an impressive client roster but is managed by a small team. Get in now and help grow the firm. Enjoy both the financial rewards and emotional satisfaction of doing something that has an impact as you help us build a great company.
Preferred Expected Bachelors Degrees
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, Data Science
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Environmental Science
Preference will be given to applications that have one or more of the following:
- Minor in professional writing or related field
- Marketing internships or summer jobs
- Portfolio of video or written content
Why these types of degrees?
You will be responsible for contributing to and implementing marketing strategies for technology clients, developing persuasive written content that is of use for clients.
Example groups and technologies you may be working with:
- R Consortium, focused on R language
- OpenAPI Initiative (OAI), focused on API standards
- CD Foundation, focused on continuous delivery projects including Jenkins, Jenkins X, Spinnaker, and Tekton
- API for well-known 360 degree camera, primarily an HTTP API that is accessed with GET and POST
You will be directly involved with marketing communication initiatives for clients such as website content management, event management and development of marketing materials.
In addition to client work, you can also help us build our internal software systems for a portion of your time if you wish to grow your skills with frontend/backend software development.
If this Marketing Communications position sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, please send the following:
- Your resume
- Cover letter highlighting why you want to work with us
- Digital portfolio of articles, blogs, YouTube videos