Associate in Engineering 2 – Data Analyst
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Engineering & Technical Services Branch
Bridge Engineering Section / Bridge Program & Standards Unit
As a data analyst on our team, you will perform bridge analyses on a statewide basis using technical software and methods to assess current and expected bridge needs and impacts of alternative programs. Apply today to join us in keeping Oregon’s structures safe!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Assist in the development of the bridge system needs, including updating the data automation process.
- Perform analysis to prioritize bridge preservation, safety and capital improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain priority lists for each project selection unit.
- Assist in developing bridge needs assessment, analysis methods and conduct engineering literature reviews to evaluate methods.
- Perform analytical and computer processes to produce, portray and document combined bridge program assessments needs.
- Participate in the selection process for local agency bridge projects delivered through the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
- Respond to questions or concerns of Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) staff or consultants that relate to bridge needs criteria, standards, methodology, systems integration processes, validity or requirements.
- Prepare technical reports and update the bridge log.
- Draft presentations on bridge conditions, trends and solutions.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional field bridge inspections that require climbing in hazardous locations.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, or other software to organize and process data to produce information.
- A basic understanding of the engineering principles of bridges and structures.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mapping.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 16, 2021.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer