Civil Engineering Specialist 1 – Inspector 4
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Statewide Project Delivery Branch
Region 1 – Sylvan Construction Office
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor’s Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
Bring your engineering skills to ODOT and inspect construction work at project sites! In this role, you will represent the project manager, administer contracts, and ensure and document contractor compliance with contract plans and specifications.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Review contract documentation and propose solutions to anticipated problems.
- Inspect and monitor construction work to make sure it is in compliance with plans, specifications, permits and biological requirements.
- Measure and record work and prepare source documents to support payment.
- Act as an ODOT representative in communications with contractors, the public and other interested parties.
- Monitor safety procedures and traffic control.
- Perform contract administration duties, including the preparation of documents such as daily progress reports.
- Provide information to the project manager and others, and lead field and office personnel in documentation, payment and record assembly duties.
- Ensure that required tests are performed and documented.
- Ensure that contractors and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) subcontractors meet contract requirements.
- May be on call 24/7, including weekends and holidays. May travel, occasionally overnight.
- When working at job sites, may be subject to hazardous terrain, weather, traffic or construction conditions.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Beaverton, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- Four years of para-professional engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
- An associate’s degree in engineering technology or surveying from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering AND two and one-half years of engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying, or transportation-related engineering and one year civil engineering or surveying experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
The State of Oregon is requiring all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series by Oct. 18, 2021, unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception by Oct. 18, 2021. For more information, visit our policy listed here.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, call 971-345-1967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.