Project Manager 3 – Program Manager – Transportation Project Management
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Statewide Project Delivery Branch
Project Development Section / Project Management Office
Our Project Management Office is recruiting for a program manager! In this role, you will be a senior policy advisor and strategist in matters related to multimodal transportation project management to advance our agency mission, vision and priorities. You will lead and support statewide improvement efforts and initiatives that improve the scoping and delivery of our Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) project portfolio through policies, processes, standards, and procedures. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Research, develop, implement and improve statewide standards of practice for project management to enable in scope, on time and on budget delivery of quality projects.
- Lead research to identify and develop different project management standards and industry best practices, and incorporate them into existing processes.
- Collaborate with the transportation regions, other branch sections/units and key business partners in implementing new project management standards and revising existing standards.
- Lead, plan, design and facilitate efforts to analyze and streamline delivery of STIP projects, including program analysis, process performance measures, data analysis, reporting, and resource planning.
- Provide input and/or recommendations on issues or strategies that focus on STIP project delivery processes.
- Provide data, tools, insight, and recommendations to help create clarity and consistency in prioritizing and proactively managing project portfolios for programming and development.
- Collaborate with Project Management Office staff and others to develop statewide and regional dashboards and performance measures related to STIP and project delivery portfolios.
- Oversee and lead the development of project delivery training, manuals and guidance.
- Evaluate and support the Project Delivery Training Program.
- Develop and propose training program budget, expenditures and associated costs.
- Research, plan, develop, implement, and lead process improvement, change management, work plan development and division level facilitation that promotes efficiencies, best practices and greater effectiveness of project delivery processes.
- Lead or support projects for specialized process improvement projects.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional in state travel and infrequent out of state travel.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
Seven years of professional level experience related to the class concept.
Six years of professional level experience related to the class concept and an Oregon Project Management Associate Certification.
Four years of professional level experience related to the class concept and a bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, public administration, or a closely related field.
Two years of professional level experience and Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
Please click here for a link to the class concept.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Knowledge of and experience in multimodal transportation project delivery, programs, and project management principles, methodologies and procurement processes and practices.
- Education or certification in project management with direct experience in and understanding of change management, process improvement, quality theory, methodology, practices, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge of leadership and organizational development theory and practices.
- Experience in training development and delivery, and the development of tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 14, 2021.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer