Operations & Policy Analyst 2 – Toll Business Analyst
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
Bring your analytical expertise to our Urban Mobility Office as a toll business analyst! In this role, you will provide program support by analyzing and reviewing toll systems functional/tech designs and specifications, and test documents for toll systems.
Our Urban Mobility Office is developing toll options that work for the region in collaboration with our local and regional partners, stakeholders and communities. Click here to learn more about our Toll Program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Plan, prepare and perform testing.
- Verify the functionality and accuracy of programs, data and output with business customers.
- Gather, organize and analyze toll systems functional/tech designs and assist in developing solutions or alternative methods of proceeding with implementation of operational and software systems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders; identify, balance and prioritize their needs with the needs of the program effectively.
- Coordinate system maintenance and enhancements, standard legislative implementations, minor infrastructure modifications and upgrades.
- Assist in the creation of requests for work.
- Coordinate with vendor to make system changes by monitoring and evaluating business needs, changes in laws and regulations, and new objectives and priorities for the organization.
- Analyze business needs and requirements and recommend options to determine the best methods to meet the needs.
- Establish and perform requirements tracing through testing the system.
- Test and analyze proposed toll software systems.
- Lead efforts of combined staffing to review, assess and analyze multiple systems.
- Create, review and maintain a variety of reports and documents.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel required.
- Click here to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to intelligent transportation or toll system analysis.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of progressively-responsible experience related to intelligent transportation or toll system analysis.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Proven experience in analyzing, testing and reporting for toll systems
- An understanding of tolls and how they are applied in various scenarios, including congestion pricing, fixed, and variable rate pricing.
- Experience applying and implementing continuous improvement practices to meet toll system goals and outcomes.
- Experience reviewing and managing consultant/vendor work products to ensure compliance with ODOT or state and federal design standards.
Learn more and apply:
Our next application screening is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 24, 2021. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer