Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Are you an organized person who loves working in a fast-paced environment? The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is looking for a Facilities Coordinator! The Facilities Coordinator provides administrative and office systems support for the Facilities management team. This position also is responsible for handling the mailroom postal systems and processes. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
· Provide office systems support & related processes for Director & Facilities Management team
· Under the direction of the Senior Director of Facilities Operations, assist with financial budgeting, planning, vendor contracts, and department communications
· Produce and maintain various monthly reports for Facilities activities
· Identify system inefficiencies and make recommendations for improved information architecture and retention of records
· Responsible for sorting and delivering incoming//outgoing mail, deliveries, and postal systems
· Responsible for daily mail runs and staff printing assignments
· Demonstrated ability to pivot between individual and team work
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
· Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
· 3 years of business/administrative related experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks
· Hourly rate of $18.00
· Competitive health benefits.
· Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
· Free OMSI annual membership
· Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
Position closes May 4, 2021.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.