Oregon Tech is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Diversity & Belonging in the Department of Student Engagement Programs (SEP). This is a 12-month, full-time position located on the Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. Our mission is to promote the holistic growth and development of Oregon Tech students through involvement and support. We strive to create a community where all feel a sense of belonging. Our department oversees all student club activities, leadership, community service, New Student Orientation, Diversity and Belonging programs, International Student Services, Student Government and other student-led programs. The successful applicant is expected to provide vision and strategic direction, development, coordination, and administration of programs and initiatives that promote and affirm a diverse and inclusive student community at Oregon Tech campuses in Klamath Falls and Portland-Metro. The department mentors, supports, and empowers student populations and communities, with a specific focus on understanding difference, promoting social justice, cultural awareness, and intersectionality.
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum two (2) years of experience working in diversity awareness, a multicultural office, cultural programming, or with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies with a commitment to equity.
• Previous experience working in higher or secondary education.
• Experience performing supervisory tasks and duties.
• Two (2) years of experience working with first-generation college students, engaging with LGBTQIA+, and/or communities of color.
• Experience and knowledge of diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice in education, college support services/resources, and student identity development.
How to Apply: To review more on this posting and to apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4149. For questions about this position please contact Iona Musgnung at email@example.com. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Oregon Tech is an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.