Oregon Tech is seeking applications for a Dental Assistant 2 in the Dental Hygiene Department. This is a 12-month, part-time position located on the Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. The Dental Assistant will work side by side with OIT dentists, hygienists, faculty, and students to provide patient care and perform general dental assisting duties. The Dental Assistant will perform duties of instrument processing; sterilization management; supply inventory and ordering; small equipment and operatory maintenance, and may assist with general front office duties when necessary. The successful applicant is expected to be able to work in a fast paced environment with a heavy patient load, and be able to work independently using critical thinking skills in stressful situations. The Dental Assistant must be collegial and willing to work with the entire dental team.
· One year of chairside dental assisting experience; AND Be able to obtain a Certified Dental Assistant credential from the Dental Assisting National Board; and Be able to obtain a Certification by the Oregon State Board of Dentistry for Radiological Proficiency; and Possess a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card at the time of appointment (NOTE Some positions may also require Certification by the Oregon State Board of Dentistry as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant or an Expanded Function Orthodontic Dental Assistant).
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Expanded Functions Dental Assistant.
· Bilingual English/Spanish.
· Restorative endorsement.
· Experience serving patients with Oregon Health Plan/Medicaid.
· Experience with Patterson software.
· Experience in equipment and supply management/ inventory procedures.
How to Apply: To review the posting and apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4329. For questions about this position please contact Search Committee Chair Elizabeth Wells at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Oregon Tech is an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.