Oregon Tech is seeking applications for a Proposal Development Specialist in the Department of Grants & Sponsored Research. This is a 12 month, full-time position located on the Oregon Tech campus in Wilsonville, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. The successful applicant is expected to be responsible for collaborating with faculty, staff and the Oregon Tech Foundation in identifying public and private funding opportunities in support of Oregon Tech’s existing initiatives and strategic goals as well as faculty creative endeavors. Part of the duties of this position includes synergistically identifying private and public funding sources, liaising with primary investigators in proposal preparation that meets the grantee’s criteria, identifying and implementing strategies that help to increase the likelihood of success in receiving funding and critically reviewing and editing of scientific, technical and development proposals to increase the competitiveness of the grant application.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience in proposal development and expanding funding opportunities, or an equivalent education and technical writing experience.
- Possess a GPC, CGW or CGMS certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with funding opportunity databases;
- Competency in navigating and submitting grants using funding agencies’ online submission portals;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently and produce quality work with minimal supervision;
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal funding opportunities and/or proven track record in securing new public and private funding opportunities;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation tools, etc.);
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and with tight time constraints.
How to Apply: To review the posting and apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4079. For questions about this position please contact Mark Neupert at firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Oregon Tech is an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.